|JBoss AS 4 is an officially certified J2EE 1.4 application server. The
certification guarantees that JBoss AS 4 conforms to the formal J2EE
- supports J2EE Web Services including JAX-RPC (Java API for XML for
Remote Procedure Call) and the Web Services for J2EE Architecture.
- implements the JMS (Java Messaging Service) 1.1 specification.
- implements the JCA (Java Connector Architecture) 1.5 specification.
The JCA 1.5 specification adds support for the life cycle management of
resource adapters, worker thread management as well as transaction and
message inflow from the resource adapter to the application server.
- implements the Java Authorization Contract for Containers (JACC)
- implements the EJB 2.1 specification. The EJB 2.1 specification
extends the message-driven bean contracts to support other messaging
types in addition to JMS. It supports stateless session beans as web
service endpoints. It also includes a new container managed service
called the EJB timer service.